We are in the market for Readers of poetry and non-fiction & an Assistant Non-fiction Editor.
To apply, please email us at giganticsequins [at] gmail [dot] com with 5 reasons why we should consider you for the position/s you seek, and we’ll move the best candidates on to the next step of our hiring process. Note that our masthead consists entirely of volunteers. In other words, from top to bottom, no one here gets paid for the work they do with GS. All proceeds and donations go towards the costs of printing and promoting our journal, unless otherwise noted (for example, our past Storyslams, which have had proceeds go to benefiting LGBTQ charities).
SEND YOUR 5 REASONS BY MIDNIGHT ON 11/30 TO BE CONSIDERED!
Here are the basic job descriptions for the positions available:
- must have good concept of what GS looks for aesthetically
- must read at least 75% of assigned genre by assigned date per submission period
- if reading more than 1 genre, only 50% of each is needed to qualify
- must read and vote on pieces read
- comments are encouraged for votes of MAYBE and YES.
- comments are discouraged for votes of NO
- encouraged to promote the purchase of, submission to, and general awareness of GS via social media (twitter, facebook, blogs) regularly
- encouraged to help with fundraising in any way possible is appreciated
- attending any events that are held in their locality is appreciated and encouraged, though not required
ASST GENRE EDITOR
- must read/vote on all of assigned genre
- must have excellent concept of what GS looks for aesthetically
- can only be reader for 1 genre
- commenting only necessary when voting YES or MAYBE
- must work with genre editor/EIC on narrowing down pool of yes/maybe submissions
- required to help out with fundraising
- required to promote the purchase of, submission to, and general awareness of GS via social media (twitter, facebook, blogs) and IRL at regular intervals.
- required to help genre editor promote the web presence of their genre (via Shiny Family, GS blog, etc.)
- assistant editor & genre editor must develop working relationship—genre editor will delegate certain things not specifically required by both positions to assistant editor
- attendance and help with planning of GS events, optional but encouraged
- attendance of bi-annual online editors meetings, optional