- Alex McElroy (GS 5.2) interviewed Ramona Ausubel, author of No One is Here Except All of Us and A Guide to Being Born, over at CutBank. “It doesn’t matter what kind of story we’re looking at: every aspect must be playing as part of the larger orchestra. It has to move toward something. Mean something.” Preach.
- Speaking of interviews, Ben Tanzer‘s (GS 4.2) latest episode of his kick-ass podcast This Podcast Will Change Your Life features tragic fathers, Harry Crews, and Appalachia, among other things, as he interviews Sheldon Lee Compton, author of Where Alligators Sleep.
- Check out Cameron Dezen Hammon‘s (GS 5.1) essay “Not Yet Untangled: On Memory, Writing, and the Elegiac Impulse” up at Art House American, on how art may be our way of conquering death. All of the feels, in the best way.
- Our assistant NF editor J.E. Reich has an essay up at The Toast, all about her encounters with GHOSTS.
- And don’t forget to check out our NF editor Ian Carlos Crawford’s BOOK TRAILER, starring Ian and musician Brendan Maclean, featuring GS’s very own J.E. Reich and EIC Kimberly Ann Southwick. There are HOMICIDAL DUDES WITH FOX HEADS and lots of kissing and it’s wonderful, so watch it now at spread the word!